Sunday, April 22, 2012

Final Days in Africa

Next year on the donation list.....Barbies
 I remember one time I was giving to an organization, and my brother said, but how do you really know that the money is going to where they say it is?

I have had the pleasure of traveling with Sister Schools for the last two weeks.  I was able to see their work first hand, and see the difference that they have made in so many children's lives.  They travel very simple and work extremely hard.  They are wonderful human beings.

On Saturday, we split our day between two orphanages.  In my head, I made up every excuse to get out of this day, because orphanage days are that hard.  My team joked with me and said, if I made it through, I would get to stop for an iced mocha.  We both kept our promise.

My time in Uganda has been a roller coaster of emotions, but mostly I walk away feeling blessed and greatful to have had this opportunity.  I have been with so many amazing people.  All of whom look at life, like a glass half full.


Uncle Terry taking a moment to hold a little girl that just needed to be held

Some games are universal, like playing in a tub full of water.

Yes, he is that cute!

Janet's Jump Ropes were always a hit

The kids love to have their picture taken, and then having us play it back for them.


The day that Sister Schools comes is a good day.

Shavon's mom died of AIDS.  He is the youngest at the orphanage.

The End

Hard to believe that all of these children were found in the streets just three months ago.

Uncle Michael, or in this case, Grandpa Michael

Wanted to take them both home.  They were cleaning up with my baby wipes.

Doing their part.
A day of rest



Field Trip

Goodbye to my group.  I am better for knowing each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment