Thursday, April 19, 2012

Abilities

This is Tom.  One year ago he was found secluded in the back of his house, this due to that fact that he has disabilities.  The director, Joy said "after a year at KSPH he has made huge progress and is starting to socialize".

We danced and danced and danced some more.

Nobody has to tell these children to help.  They just do.

This little guys disability, is that he has no arms.  When he came to the school the staff jumped to help him eat.  He looked at them and said, I can feed myself, why don't you go and help some of these other kids that need help.

They had an event for every child with every ability.


She captured my camera.  I  found her to be adorable.

I fell in love with his smile....today he smiled a lot.



No words can describe how amazingly beautiful this is.  I will forever be grateful that I had the opportunity to see such beauty in person.
Today was the sports day at Kampala School for the physically handicapped.  One year ago, I saw a video of last years sports day.  As I watched the video with tears rolling down my face, I knew that I had to go to Uganda, and I knew that I wanted it to be with Sister Schools.  The day was as beautiful in person, as it was on video.  The children focus so much on the abilities that they have, versus their disabilities.  You just can't help but to be encouraged by them.  Today I danced, I laughed, and I cried tears of joy.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment