Friday, April 13, 2012

80 to 100 kids per class

Today was the first day that I rode in the front seat of the taxi to the schools.  I wouldn't highly recommend it.  I'm just saying....the view is just fine from the back seat.  Have I already mentioned how many kids are in this country?  It is unbelievable.  Today I found myself completely overwhelmed. My senses are definitely on overload.   

This school has over 1000 kids.  Classes have anywhere from 80 to 100 kids in them.

Bishop East has around140 kids that have Special Needs.  Most of them are deaf.   Today, was their last day of school for the term.  They will be at home with their families for the next 3 weeks.

Thank you Trina for taking this picture!

He didn't cry, and I was oh so happy to be holding him.

And today in my bag of tricks....bubbles!
I blew the bubbles and Trina shot this photo.
I think my picture said it best yesterday "Water  Is Life"

Students

Classrooms

The children prepared an amazing performance for us today with dancing and drums.  Such talented kids!

Last day of school.  All packed and ready to go home.

I loved capturing Trina in her element.  Sister Schools is lucky to have her for their new Executive Director.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog and your photos. You look soooooo happy. :) I am assuming that you will be returning next year, and I so want to join you! What an awesome experience. Love you. -A

    ReplyDelete